Monday 21 August 2023

cross quilt pt 2

And it’s a finish
... well, except of course for {wink wink} the backing, the quilting, etc. 
I tend to conveniently forget the other steps!


❤️❤️❤️
There's so much I love about this quilt ...
the fun colour story
the contrast of the solids with the prints
the little bit of animal print
the way {almost} all of my seams nestled together nicely when I was joining things up











Working out my block maths, then playing with these colours to get a little bit of cohesion happening = one super challenge! Great inspiration quilt from the brilliant "Unconventional and Unexpected" book by @roderick752.

Linking up with Cynthia here for 'oh scrap'.
Until next time,
Linda


6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks great!

Susan said...

It's gorgeous Linda! You have every right to be pleased! Are they 12" blocks or larger? It certainly looks like a quick one to make!

Mystic Quilter said...

Splendid - I think may be added to my list, which seems to be never ending and will certainly never be fully dealt with!

Tawa said...

You make so many gorgeous quilts, it would be great to see a post about your favourite designers and pattern sources. So many of them I have never heard of before prior to seeing your quilts underway. Many thanks for sharing yet another fabulous quilt.

Linda said...

One of your older (2016 I think) quilts popped up on a Pinterest search which reminded me I hadn’t seen your blog for a very long time. Although I’ve been a follower for years I realise I’m not getting Alerts to your blogposts . Anyway, I loved your latest quilt top and loved scrolling back looking at several months of posts. All very inspiring. As always, your colour and fabric choices are fabulous, all very “gracious” is the only word I can think of. A mix of olden times and modern if there is such a thing?

Karen S said...

Yay! It looks great.
Love how it looks with all the blocks together.