Wednesday 18 October 2023

stash stars: update

Regular program has been resumed ... and I'm back making more stars.
There’s a simple formula for my stars made from my stash. They are 12 1/2" Ohio Star blocks, all with a "lacy-like" background fabric and blending or contrast solids if I can. 

Here's a few progress photos of my lace & stars WiP, 
(wink wink) I may have gotten a little snap happy!











After some trial & error, sashing & cornerstones have been figured out.
My cornerstones are from a much-loved pastel rainbow silky plaid, ✂️first time I've used it anywhere.

And ... all quilts need a bit of black & white stripe, yes?















Linking up with Kelly for NTT here
Until next time, Linda

10 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

I love it even better with the black and white sashings!

Mystic Quilter said...

The black/white stripe sashing is perfect Linda, the stars stand out individually, nice assortment of different fabrics.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love it - the stripes add a wildness to the quilt!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes! Those blocks definitely needed some black and white stripe!

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous blocks Linda - and those strips sure do change the look - very effective!

sue s said...

This is so pretty! And those stripes!!

Rebecca Grace said...

I love how your black and white stripe makes your other fabrics sparkle and zing, just like seasoning adds flavor to a recipe. Beautiful!

Karen S said...

Love that black and white sashing!!!!

sue said...

Wowie!!

pandchintz said...

Gotta love that stripe!