Sunday 29 October 2023

a bold starry statement!

I'm attacking the Kaffe stash and making another bold starry statement, (wink wink) sort of unavoidable when you are using lots of Kaffes! Lots of pics from the design wall today so you can have a closer look at the fabrics ...

















These offset 10" blocks are a little twist on the traditional way of setting a Sawtooth Star quilt, fingers crossed it will give my quilt some visual movement as well as classic charm. 

I'm actually super excited with these blocks! Along with the selection of "tired & old" Kaffe fabrics, you'll spot a few other assorted floral prints, and a few batiks, which I haven't used for years🤣. I'm trying not to be too fussy - well not too much - about what I pair up with what. 
It’s all a delicious mess of bright & pastel colour so far! So much better that these stash fabrics are used & seen though, rather than hiding in my cupboard or fabric baskets for years. 

The longer I quilt, the more appreciation I have for simple patchwork that lets the fabric do the work!
Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here

Until next time, Linda


11 comments:

Linda said...

I agree, really complicated blocks don’t appeal to me as much as simpler ones. The combination of batiks with the stunning Kaffe stars is lovely.

dutchcomfort said...

Whatever pattern or fabrics you choose, you always make it work! Love those starblocks!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice and bright!

Bonnie said...

I'm with you.... simple is beautiful and easy is better. I blame my lack of concentration to my desire to make simpler quilts. I like how you are offsetting these great blocks.

Karen S said...

Looks like you are having a lovely play with your Kaffe fabrics.

karenbbsnow said...

So pretty, can't go wrong with stars. I really like the layout.

sue s said...

I love the offset on these. And you are making good use of th Kaffes! They need a larger block to show off the colors and this is working well.

FlourishingPalms said...

How lovely! Funnily, I've always professed to not care for Kaffe prints, as I'm not a fan of florals. However, I am smiling to see your first block. That's because I have that blue/aqua/green-with-a-dash-of-rose print in my stash, and have used some of it in a couple projects. So I am the first to say, "I'll never use..." and then turn around and use it. Ha, ha.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful blocks Linda, love the fabrics and your idea of a different setting.

Deb E said...

This is lovely! Can't wait to see how you finish it - sashing or not, borders, etc. I've added it to my 'must make' list as I have the same problem - nearly 50 years of scraps and LOADS of florals in the stash that need using up. The way you mixed up the stars and points with the other fabrics really makes a difference. Wonderful! Deb E

Raewyn said...

Your blocks are delightful Linda...I like how you have used these florals!