Friday 26 January 2024

1/4 log cabin: update

And here's my pink/brown/green leftovers quilt, majorly inspired by Sheena at cloudstreet53 over on IG.  Once I'd finally settled on my border decisions, this 1/4 log cabin quilt went together quickly.  
Who knew, though, making even a small quilt could take up this much "thinking" time ... endless paths I could have taken, in both colours  & design! 
I am sure about a hot pink for the binding✅.













A smaller project to warm up my colour choice processes as well as some simple sewing.
 Until next time, Linda



7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilts always look cheery and happy!

Julierose said...

What a lovely, scrappy wonder this one is, Linda!! Came together so well...
Nice work....;)))
hugs, Julierose

dutchcomfort said...

A lovely scrappy Summer quilt!!

Janie said...

That is a beautiful 1/4 Log Cabin quilt! Today I've been piecing and arranging my own Log Cabin, this one is mostly Court House Steps configuration. I still haven't decided on how much bigger I want it.
Right now the blocks are approx. 12" sqr and I have them laid out 3 x 4.
You're inspiring!

Ann said...

It takes a lot of effort to work out the color placements on these quilts. You did a great job. Congratulations.

Karen S said...

I think it is really sweet, and to think it is all made from leftovers!

FlourishingPalms said...

Very pretty. Such a nice blend of soft colors and gentle prints. I noticed the black railing at the bottom of the quilt-over-the-rail picture, and thought you'd decided to add a black and white striped border! It doesn't look half bad.