Monday 1 January 2024

hello 2024

I'm starting out the new year with a finished quilt!
Anyone remember this one?
It's now quilted & bound.








- love a little animal print with the florals!










An 'x and +' quilt has been on my radar for a while. As always - I had fun playing with random fabric combinations. I used a variety of prints from my scrap baskets, mainly selected with an eye for medium - light colours, with little accents in something darker. See any fabrics you recognise?
It was a last minute decision to add a border... love a border that surprises us, don't you?

I sent this top off to be longarm quilted by Leeanne at quiltmekiwi using the 'Gabriella' panto. I have used 'guava' Tula Pink extra wide sateen on the back.
As the quilt is busy with lots of pretty pastel prints, I went for a blending look for my binding (rather than something that "pops") - a sweet dusky pink & white stripe, which also works well back & front.
Quilt measures approx. 64" x 76". Another top has become a quilt and my list of WiPs is decreasing!

May your year be full of joy ... and lots of colourful quilt makes ðŸŒˆ✂️🌈
Linda


11 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Another great finish Linda, love that border fabric, fits perfectly.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The border fabric is a surprise and it works so well. Congrats on your first finished top for the new year.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a nice colorful top - just right for your summer I bet - Happy New Year

Karen S said...

Very impressive to have a quilt finish on the first day of the year!!!
And it looks great. I am in love with that border. What a great fabric.
A lovely start to 2024.

Linda said...

Your choice of border makes this quilt pop, Linda. Love the quilting design too. A very pretty start to 2024. Happy New Year!

karenbbsnow said...

Super cute. I made one a few years ago, but not with a border. Your borders and binding finish it off so prettily.

Robin said...

Yes, I remember this quilt and yes, I still love the border. And the picture above the bed . . . just perfect.

FlourishingPalms said...

It's really pretty, Linda. Delicate-looking, and perfect on the bed you photographed it on. Is that where it will stay? It looks good with the artwork above the bed. I especially like that pink and white striped binding you used. It's always a good idea to keep one's eyes opened for opportunities to purchased striped fabric! You've already begun 2024 on the right foot... your quiltmaking foot. :-) Keep enjoying 2024 that way!

Lianne makes stuff said...

That is such a pretty quilt

pandchintz said...

I do love a plus and x quilt and the fabrics in this are gorgeous. Lovely work by you both.

Janie said...

Beautiful finish with some of my favorite colors! I notice that you have been using striped binding, great look!