Friday 12 January 2024

Anniversary Quilt


















The Anniversary Quilt is finished. This 94" x 87" beast is finally quilted, bound, photographed and gifted to my daughter & her husband.

I used the "me sew happy" quilt from these clever hands. The top came together quickly, 16 big blocks from an eclectic range of vintage and modern fabrics. And then I added two rows of extra squares to the top & bottom, one row of extra squares to the sides, and finally the two borders to get it up to the requested size.
I sent this quilt off to be quilted by Leeanne @quiltmekiwi, she used an E2E leaf and vine panto called "new growth". We selected a neutral wide backing, butterfly whisper in Ecru. I ended up going with a Kaffe print - 'plink' in teal - for binding.
Leeanne kindly did a quick turnaround to get it back to me in time for my daughter's wedding anniversary this month, so I was able to gift the quilt as soon as the last stitch was completed!
Until next time, Linda

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always love the variety of color and design in your quilts

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love all of the pinks and blues. The many sizes of blocks keep my eye moving all over it to see everything. I bet they love their gift.

Robin said...

So lovely! Makes me want to cuddle under it right away.

Susan said...

WOW! What a monster! But a beautiful one all the same! It's a very pleasing design and colour palette Linda. I bet your daughter loves it.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love it!! Stunning mix of fabrics Linda!

Raewyn said...

Beautiful, Linda! A lovely big quilt for your daughter. It's an interesting design :-)

Janie said...

Beautiful gift quilt, congratulations on your finish!
And thankyou for the link to the pattern by These Clever Hands,I love her use of vibrant color. Warms me up on this chilly January morning!

FlourishingPalms said...

You did such a nice job with this! I love the design - the way the large scale, medium scale, and small scale blocks interact with one another. And though the center of the quilt is designed with diagonal shapes, the squares around the perimeter work really well! You did such a nice job with this, as did your longarm quilter. What a lovely gift!

Quilting Babcia said...

This quilt has such a wonderful mix of blocks and colors, my eyes just keep looking from one spot to another tryingtotake it all in. The lighter blue border is a perfect finishing touch. Your daughter should be very pleased.

Quiltdivajulie said...

This is absolutely wonderful! I think I have that pattern - your fabric choices are superb.

Linda said...

What a gorgeous quilt! So many pieces and different fabrics! Hope your daughter and son in law enjoyed their beautiful gift.