Saturday 16 March 2024

show & tell on the Peninsula.

A catch up with Glenys always generates lots of ideas and gives me a chance to get caught up on some of her creative ventures. This time around I got to see her new 'meadow mist' quilt - all together and all quilted too. It's her version of the 'malted mystery quilt' (see here at meadowmistdesigns for more details) and has kept her very busy for the last couple of months.

Enjoy the photos ...











Like me, she has also been sewing along with Rachel at @stitchedincolor, making her "Positivities" BOM quilt. Glenys is favouring orange/purple/green with a background in a variety of light peach.
It's a great incentive to have another friend stitching away with me in this yearlong project, we tend to inspire each other into action.











I also showed her my exciting mail yesterday, Jolene's book "a year of quilts" arrived. We've both been fans of Jolene's work for years. Her quilts are always instantly recognisable to me (and many others I suspect) for her fabric choices.


What have you been working on this week?
Linda

5 comments:

Janie said...

Exciting colors and blocks!
And A Year of Quilts looks like an inspiring book for sure. Thanks for the inspiration!

Janie said...

Exciting colors and blocks! And A Year of Quilts looks full of inspiration for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Oh, you bought Jolene's book! I hope you let us know what you think of it! I contemplated purchasing it too but the price of postage was ridiculous. (Maybe you found a way around it?) And Glenys' pink and green malted mystery quilt is lovely!

Mystic Quilter said...

You're making great progress with your Positivities quilt! The quilt by Glenys had a lovely soft, old fashioned feel to it and especially so with the delightful backing fabric. I was tempted by the book from Jolene but the postage costs were quite high and when added to the book itself I felt I would pass.

Ann said...

It’s great to have a quilting friend. Glenys has a good eye. Lovely old fashioned feel to her lavender and green quilt.