Wednesday 25 September 2024

an infusion of green


As many of you know, over the year I've been making the 'Positivities' sampler BOM quilt created by Rachel @stitchedincolor. It's modern, it's original, it's like an upbeat explosion of colour & shape!
I opted to use a constant soft minty-green solid as my background and pulled other fabrics month by month from my stash depending on what caught my eye.                                                                                                                                    
This week I began by making the last few segments, the quieter "filler" blocks that provided some visual space with simple patchwork.  Then I moved onto the rather daunting part of sewing everything together. Here's a few progress photos ...








 

And I now have a quilt top to share,
 it's a real infusion of minty-green for all the green lovers ...









'Thank you' to Rachel @stitchedincolor for imagining up this beauty.




No comments: