Monday 30 September 2024

stars on repeat


I spotted a vintage quilt on ig recently which really spoke to me. The combo of peach sashing with assorted prints was delightful, (*see pic below). I had tossed up at the beginning of the year to use peach as my background for my 'positivities' quilt, it's a "much more me" pick really. So, I still had thoughts about going peachy!

The LeMoyne Star quilt pattern is a favourite of mine. It's a traditional block featuring spinning diamonds to create an 8-point star, perfect for both bold colour choices and some fun fussy cutting. I've not gone all out with heaps of fussy cutting before, it really does eat into the fabric ... but then that's been the whole point of my sewing focus lately, hashtagusemystash!


 *vintage quilt inspiration


- all chopped up!


wow ... these fussy cuts really grab your attention and make you look a little closer. 





Yes, my favourite kind of quilt 
- inspired by tradition but reworked to look a bit modern.

Linda

No comments: