Wednesday 22 November 2017

sew stitch snap SHARE #17


Thank you so much for all the great comments in my last post about my 'floribunda' quilt. It's lovely to read all your thoughts and your +ve feedback is very encouraging.

It's been another week of not too much sewing here. But, I did spot a very pretty sewalong happening here. Exploring some art textile with lots of fabric oppportunities & stitchery embellishments is a new direction for me, exciting, and seems like something that I could pick up now & then as time permits over summer.


And, I knew that little bundle of low volume fabrics would come in handy. . . one day.



I do love the look of a scrappy quilt and, just for a change, I'm going for more of an overall low volume scrappy effect. The idea really appeals to me just now. . . like all restful & pale, ethereal even, with a few 'pops' of bright.


Wild Bloom Quilt is a modern sampler with lots of lovely extra touches like collage, crochet lace and sashiko, giving it a little boho flair. For more details and all the quiltalong links pop over here at barijdesigns or here at southerncharmquilts.


It's been a while since I last used the machine applique stitch. I had to dig the manual out, but I got there in the end. Loving this floral collage idea. I've added little clusters of french knots to the centre of the flowers, and I've ordered this book Boho Embroidery from the library to get more inspiration of other little extra details I could add too. 


and 'la fleur' block is done too . . .


Time now for another fortnightly 'Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE' linkup
Let's take a look at my favorite pick from last week,
Glen from quiltswissy had so many great things to share.
Have a peep at her notebook cover, beautiful printing- makes me want to give this a go too


and I loved her improv stripes quilt

Pop on over here to see heaps of Glen's other inspiring projects.
(all pics reposted each time with quilter's permission)

Do you have a project to share this week too? 
Whatever you're sewing or stitching, you can link it up here. Just follow these simple guidelines:
1. Link up any post from the past week that features something you have been sewing or stitching, whether they are WiPs, starts or finishes. You can write as much or as little about your project as you like, and snap off a pic or three.
2. Somewhere in your post, please link back to this post.
3. Please comment on a couple of the other Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE links.

Thanks for joining us
Julie & Linda

17 comments:

Kate said...

The Boho flair project has gotten off to a great start. Those pop of colors in the applique is really fun.

pandchintz said...

Loving your Boho project, such a fab quilt!! Off to read all about it and the other sssS posts.

Leeanne said...

Your Boho/Collage quilt is looking very fine indeed, so much detail already.

Angie in SoCal said...

I love your projects, especially the one with applique. On to my bucket list.

Monica said...

Yes, I Really Love that floral collage too! It's going to be gorgeous. :D

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely floral collage Linda and a beautiful 'la fleur' block! I had seen the QAL last week and thought it looked exciting.

Linda said...

Lovely new quilt idea. La fleur is a very pretty block, such gorgeous fabrics.

Cathy said...

Oh, that Anthologie QAL looks promising. I love what I can see of your collage. Thanks for the link.

Ann said...

It looks like a sweet combination of styles. Have fun.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thanks Leeanne.
The sewalong runs for about 7months, with a new block(s) every couple of weeks I think. Nice to have just a little fortnightly deadline!

Julie said...

This is going to be beautiful Linda, I can't wait to see all the little detail you end up adding.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Thanks for featuring me this week. It makes me feel like a celebrity! glen QuiltSwissy

Nifty Quilts said...

I LOVE your machine appliqué! It looks like you're stitching around raw edges? I've been thinking about doing the same thing, only with top stitch. Are you fusing them also? Really nice, casual look.

Janie said...

Your fabrics are exciting. The Anthologies QAL is great with appliqué, sashiko, crochet; all beautiful embellishments.

Raewyn said...

This looks like an exciting adventure for you Linda.... I love the mix of techniques!

Suz J said...

Oh, your new project is looking very interesting - can't wait to see how it develops.

Kaja said...

This looks like a fabulous project and like everyone else I love the machine applique you have done so far.