Monday 1 September 2014

a weekend in wellington










No sewing at all lately... I've been down in windy Wellington. And this past weekend was really lovely! Beautiful sunny crisp days, while Auckland was so cold, so wet & so grey! We had a very busy agenda... cafes, "High Tea", and lots of walking & talking & catching up. BUT  my son did include a trip just for me, out to a patchwork shop! The fabrics at "Stitchbird" in Kilbirnie seemed a little bit different from what is available here in Auckland, and of course I did a bit of shopping! I selected a few random fat quarters that caught my eye, I particularly like the grey & red Margerite Daisy fabrics by Yuwa, they will be very useful. And that last lovely is a little piece of fabric from Naomi Ito, so very soft & light.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend. I love Wellington. Hope to get to Stitchbird one day -
at least they have mail order.