Friday 14 August 2020

a scrappy finish #1

Hello hello, I'm happy to share with you all a few quilts that I have now finally finished. I've been slowly dealing to the UFO's in my cupboard during lockdown. You will have seen glimpses of these quilts over the past year or so, and all have been on the 'binding pile' for a while now.
First up, my Carolina Chain quilt which I started back in early 2019. I made all the blocks and even assembled the quilt top. However, it wasn't until March this year that I finally had it quilted in an all over gentle meander pattern by Leeanne from quiltmekiwi

One thing that this quilt has taught me . . . well, reinforced actually . . . is that I do love a scrappy quilt. I love a zillion different fabrics all mixed up together in the one quilt, a real riot of colour! And I just love that Jennifer Paganelli blue border fabric #hardtofindfabric














Linking up with Kelly for 'needle and thread Thursday' here
and with Wendy too for this weekends  'peacock party' over here
 - and maybe pop back soon to see my other finished quilts.

24 comments:

Melody A. said...

LOVE it !! Fantastic Job!! Happy Sewing from Iowa Stay Safe

Susan said...

You do scrappy so well! Your photos are great too, especially the ones among the green foliage!

Mego said...

I started one of these...it's ... somewhere! I love seeing YOUR finish. Good JOB...

Leeanne said...

Lovely binding choice. You take very nice photos. Stay safe, sane and creative!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

This is a fantastic scrappy finish for sure. I love how you placed the light/dark squares alternately. It's a terrific effect.

Julie said...

A wonderful scrappy finish. I think I love scrappy quilts best too.

Heather said...

This quilt is gorgeous.

karenbbsnow said...

Yes, I started one of these also. I think you've just inspired me to switch the plan to a smaller quilt and "get 'er done!!" Yours is beautiful.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Beautiful quilt, love it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love it! such a nice scrap quilt

Julierose said...

Such a lovely scrappy quilt--love those chains...nice work on this..hugs from afar julierose

mangozz said...

Beautiful finish! Love this quilt design too. I'm on my second Carolina Chain now. It's so easy and fun to put together. Your scrappy version is gorgeous.

Cathy said...

Wonderful finish! Congrats! That's a great scrap buster and you had some great scraps to bust!

Linda said...

Love it, Linda! Great finish.

Ann said...

Yours is so lovely. Scrap quilts are my favorites, too. I made this design years ago and gave it to my SIL/BIL where they still admire it but yours is even better. You inspire me to get this design out again.
Congratulations again!

Quimperhitty said...

Oh my gosh, why haven't I ever seen nine-patches on their sides before? What a pretty quilt!

Rebecca Grace said...

What a gloriously beautiful scrappy quilt! It looks so snuggly, even through the pictures! How narrow is your binding, by the way? I love that skinny "zing" of peach along the outer edge.

onesmallstitch said...

lovely, such bright, cheerful colours and the binding is perfect.

Susan said...

From one who also loves scrappy quilting, that is a beautiful quilt!

pandchintz said...

Great finish! Love that scrappy look.

Mystic Quilter said...

Can't beat the traditional quilt blocks, especially nine patch I think. Scope for settings and colour with this pattern, what size square did you use Linda?

Karen S said...

Well done getting on with your UFOs. This is another wonderful finish. I always enjoy your fabric and colour combos.

Pamela said...

This is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing it.

audrey said...

I love your special scrappy touch. This quilt is so intriguing because you used that blue all around the outside. So neat how that detail pulls the eye back inside the quilt and keeps the energy flowing. Wonderful looking!