Saturday 24 October 2020

get the mix













- initial selection of four groups of fabric to use throughout my main blocks.
I find repeating a fabric or colour often disperses any doubts I may have had, so fingers crossed!


And onto the collage section...
Just adding in some green foliage now to connect up my floral clusters.






Oh and I was determined to include this plaid... somewhere...anywhere... 



… and am très happy now! 






Lots of fun exploring this eclectic mix of fabrics - Kaffe spots, Tilda and Anna Maria's effervescent florals - all teamed up a few extras from my stash and a selection of creamy low volumes.

And, thanks to Susan from patchworknplay for the spot on visual, I'm now thinking this palette is looking very much like a four seasons in one day quilt - the light florals for Spring, the rich purples & deep blues for Winter, with touches of warm orange & gold for Autumn, and the cool light teal blues & very berry colours for Summer.
 

Until next time, Linda


8 comments:

Kleine Vingers said...

Beautifull colours you have selected and I love the blocks you have made.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are using many scraps for sure - very colorful

gayle said...

You had me at the polka dots, then you threw in the plaid! Love it!

Susan said...

WOW! That plaid Dresden Plate block is striking Linda! Although I must disagree- to me this is a Four Seasons quilt- the florals for Spring, the rich purples and blues for Winter and touches of orange for Autumn. And the pink spot on green says something different again!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a beautiful mix of fabrics here Linda, your quilt will be a stunner. Kaffe and Kathy's fabrics play very nicely together don't they? I see you have the new Kaffe Spot fabric, I bought some of each of the new colours and my favourite is Merlot.

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh my gosh, Linda -- this is just a visual FEAST! I have a lot of these fabrics in my own stash, and seeing what you're up to with yours is giving me quite the inspirational itch to start a new project of my own. Can't wait to see more of this one!

Karen S said...

Looking great as always. I am loving the way the spotty fabrics pop up in the blocks.

Ann said...

Plaids make a great addition to a scrap quilt. And yours are lovely.