Monday 19 October 2020

kathy's colours














Sometimes you just have to drop everything and sew what excites you, even if it has no real purpose other than allowing you to combine pretty fabrics together.

And so over the weekend I started to audition fabrics for Melanie from southerncharmquilts  latest quiltalong. The pattern is available here if you are keen to join in too. Anthologie is a remake of one of Melanie's earlier quilt patterns from 2017, which I made back then too, however there have been a few changes. It's basically a sampler quilt with bohemian style.

I'm always drawn to florals, and I've had a few pretty Tilda fabrics in my stash just waiting for the 'right' project. Like many though, I prefer to mix it up a bit. If a quilt is too matchy-matchy, everything appears as the same muted value, and that's kinda boring. 
So, totally inspired by the colour combinations that Kathy from Material Obsession excels at, I'm adding in a few bright Kaffe spots and some recently purchased fabrics too, a handful of 'Sunday in the Country' designed by Nathalie Lete for Anna Maria Horner’s Conservatory line. They have a modern, but retro look to them and the colours are amazing!

I'm a couple of weeks behind I think, but it's all good. I've jumped around with making my blocks, first up 'la fleur' block, then my 9patch darlings. And then I made a start on my inspiration collage today, which is technically the first step and sets the theme for the rest of the quilt. Fingers-crossed that this will turn out okay!

Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' over here
Until next time, Linda

9 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Beautiful fabric combo’s as usual!! Making the Anthologiequilt (round 1) was so much fun! Enjoy!!

Linda said...

Looks gorgeous. You certainly know which fabrics to buy and how to put the different ranges together. This looks a fabulous quilt already!

Susan said...

I love your fabric combinations Linda! And big florals with the Kaffe spots is a match made in heaven! Beautiful!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful inspiring fabrics...love the flower block at the bottom...so
pretty...have a great day!

Julie said...

Looking forward to see your interpretation of this quilt. Will we get to see your inspiration collage too.

LA Paylor said...

Yes! drop everything and sew what excites you! That's right!

Ann said...

We are all getting a bit tired to old projects. What fun to find a new and exciting way to mix up your fabrics. Love the value range you've chosen.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely fabrics. I especially like the background fabric you are using. I look forward to seeing more.

Karen S said...

Well, when the inspiration hits you definitely have to jump in.
Great fabrics and a lot of fun.