Tuesday 27 October 2020

Anthologie quilt: more progress

"Four Seasons in one day quilt" is my version of Melanie from southerncharmquilts Anthologie quilt. It's basically a sampler quilt, and is meant to be very Bohemian in style, with lots of layering, and mixing pattern & texture.

I'm going for a boho mix of colours and florals, using Kaffe spots, Tilda and Anna Maria florals. I'm finding that if I repeat a few combos, it's starting to look fairly cohesive. The plaid & those Kaffe spots really add a much needed contrast with all my florals. Sewing with this mix of fabrics is totally uplifting!
 


  



I'm running outta design wall space, 
so one section is down on the design floor now and the other larger section is up on the wall.



Yep, I think this could work!
Linking up with Kelly for 'needleandthreadThursday' here
Until next time, Linda


17 comments:

Karen S said...

I can see you are having a lot of fun playing with this one.

Susan said...

This is looking great Linda! I think a quilt with so much variety gives lots of opportunity to individualise it.

Cathy said...

Florals and dots and plaids, oh my! Wonderful mix of fabric and blocks. Yes, I think it does work! I love the Boho style.

Julierose said...

These blocks are looking so good together...I love the colors you've chosen...very Boho and lovely hugs, Julierose

gayle said...

So gorgeous! Your colors are working together perfectly!

LA Paylor said...

works great!!!

Ann said...

I enjoy watching how you put this quilt together.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

I think it looks so exciting. It's fun to see your process. Gorgeous lush fabrics.

Linda said...

Looking gorgeous!

pandchintz said...

It’s looking soooo good!

Jayne said...

How inspiring! It's looking pretty amazing!

Julie said...

Wow tis is looking so goodm still uniquely your style.

Mystic Quilter said...

The more I see of the blocks for the quilt, the more I'm looking forward to the finished top! It's going to be a beauty.

Suz J said...

Enjoying seeing the low volume background fabrics... they really make the printed fabrics a feature.

Janie said...

You are so good at this kind of quilt design. Exciting but not chaotic, skillful use of contrast.

audrey said...

You are wonderful at mixing pattern and texture! This one is already looking scrumptious.:)

LaDawn said...

I've just started this quilt. I love seeing yours since it is different than most I've seen, and mine, I think, will also be very different!