Wednesday 20 September 2023

16 blocks in...



I'm still enjoying sewing stars. I've now got 16 scrappy Ohio Star blocks, making extras so I'm a bit ahead of the Scrappy Stars Stitchalong group. 

I’m going with the spirit of just working from my scraps, no shopping. I've swopped out all the antique browns out for blues, but otherwise I'm trying to dig for something that’s similar value wise to the original blocks. I have noticed the original crib quilt has lots of checks, stripes & plaids - florals not so much. 



7 different fabrics✅


 But for some of my blocks I’ve gone a bit off script!




While sewing, I've been thinking about how they will all look together and how I might set them. 
hmm-m- super happy with this vintage effect ...



Check out the hashtag #scrappystarstitchalong - there are so many beautiful blocks being made by other stitch-along participants!


Happy sewing
✂✄✂
Linda

10 comments:

ButterZ said...

Very nice blocks

Mystic Quilter said...

Not many more stars to go then Linda - it's so nice to see gingham check in fabric in your stars.

Linda said...

Lovely blocks. Like your colour and fabric combinations.

Jeanne said...

Coming along nicely! I've noticed that a few of the old blocks had light backgrounds and dark stars, so I'm making a few extra of that combo.

Karen S said...

Your collection is growing and looking lovely.

FlourishingPalms said...

Your scrappy stars look good! I like the brighter colors you're using, rather than what's shown in the badge.

Rebecca Grace said...

Those stars look wonderful made up in your treasured scraps!

Kleine Vingers said...

Love the fresh Ohio star blocks

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Linda, I just love your blocks so much. They have a sort of modern kind of retro feel which sounds contradictory but works beautifully here. Happy continued stitching!

Audrey said...

I am loving the gingham look in these!:)