Sunday 3 September 2023

scrappy star stitchalong

I felt like sewing something just a little different this weekend, so I joined in with the scrappy star stitchalong hosted by Taryn at reproquiltlover - no rules, no deadlines and a chance to use up those little scraps. 

The antique utility crib quilt is made up of Ohio Star 6" blocks and we are encouraged to replicate it or do whatever we want. 
I’m trying to match my values to the inspirational block but using vintage-y rather than antique prints. I started out with a bundle I recently purchased, beautiful vintage-inspired Ruby’s Coverlet fabrics by Kim Hurley, and I'm combining them with other fabrics from my stash. 
Block 1 has 16 different fabrics! 



 - wondering what happens when vintage Sanderson meets Kaffe?



Looking forward to the next blocks, Linda


6 comments:

Raewyn said...

Fun block, Linda - and it looks like it will be a fun sewalong!

Karen S said...

Those blues are lovely!

Mystic Quilter said...

Perfect example of how we can mix our fabrics, we don't have to stick with one range. I'm loving this, especially the Sanderson fabric.

Linda said...

What a great combination of 16 fabrics in one block. I love star blocks of any sort and these are super.

FlourishingPalms said...

This looks so "you!" Love that brilliant color of blue. And it's wonderful that you're able to use scraps. All us quiltmakers need such projects in our lives!

Robin said...

Love the blue plaid you chose for the four corners. Such a pretty block.