Tuesday 5 September 2023

and then there were four


block #2



block #3

block #4


and a little star cluster ...



I'm enjoying making these 6" blocks, they are part of the stitchalong I'm doing, hosted by Taryn at reproquiltloverThe antique utility crib quilt is made up of a mix of interesting scrappy ohio star blocks.

The original blocks look eclectic and really random, but if you look closely, there are a few things that make it cohesive. The quilter used a restricted colour palette, teamed up strong geometrics with her prints, and played with the values.
However, I'm not trying to reproduce a similar repro quilt - 'cos let's face it, not many antique/reproduction fabrics will be found in my stash! I'm thinking more that I will replicate the wild scrappiness and try to follow along playing with light stars on dark, dark stars on light or highlight specific parts of the block... and make my own version. 

Until next time,
Linda


2 comments:

Annelein said...

I just love your version of the ohio star repro quilt. I dont have a stash of antique repro fabric so I also will ve making my own version. You just pushen ne to go ahead... thanx...

dutchcomfort said...

I love all those blues in the blocks! I have a reasonable stash of old fashioned/repro fabrics in my stash from the days I couldn't buy anything else from our local quilt shops ;-)