Wednesday 14 August 2024

seeing stars in Tilda

Ideas for new quilts have been popping in & out of my mind while I've been caught up sewing my BOM 'positivities' blocks. Time for a new scrap quilt, I think. 

And I'm planning on using (mainly) fabric I have here - I love that thrifting aspect. I'd recently spotted a delightful idea over in IG to showcase my peacock fabric, see here @tara_899 love her fussy cutting skillz - it was all I needed to get motivated and pull out my little Tilda collection. 

My Tilda basket has been slowly growing over the past few years, FQ's & small 25" strip pieces that I've cut into for other things, but I haven't used them all together in anything yet. The difficult part was finding a pattern that would showcase the big illustrations as well as all the tiny details.

After a bit of faffing around, I'm now busy making 10" 'sawtooth star' blocks.
Have a peek ...


- star of the show!

- some of my older prints & the more recent brighter Chic Escape with Daisyfield blenders






I'm up to 9/20 blocks. 
I've been able to mix & match so many of my Tilda stash,
and it's all looking very flowery & smooshed up together, super happy! 

Linda



7 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Your Tilda fabrics are making wonderful stars. I have a large collection of these fabrics sitting waiting to be used so it's inspiring to see how you're using yours. What size are your blocks Linda?

dutchcomfort said...

You have some really nice Tilda fabrics which provide for some great stars!!

Denice Barker said...

And yet more ideas from you!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have no Tilda stash and I really don't think I have ever gotten it - it is pretty

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh, MY!!! Matching the print so the peacock's tail flows into the star points was a brilliant idea, beautifully executed. Can't wait to see more of this project. Meanwhile, I've been rewatching your hand piecing tutorial video because my Seven Sisters hand piecing templates have arrived from Australia at last. I didn't have any Tulip milliners needles on hand but I do have Bohin milliners. Can't wait to start fiddling with my little 6-pointed stars!

Janie said...

Yes, Tilda fabrics are fabulous and they do well being the center of a star block! One happy smoosh.

Karen S said...

So lovely. And well done getting a match with the peacock tail. That is impressive!