Sunday 25 August 2024

checkered garden #2: update

In-between everything, I've been slowly making more blocks for my 'Checkered Garden' quilt #2, using the free pattern from Ashley @filminthefridge.
 
While my focus fabric is a dark & moody AMH teal/green with a small floral print on it, most of my other fabrics are definitely 'softer'. I'm selecting blending fabric strips in light - medium values, a variety of old & new prints, in peachy pinks, rosy pinks, primrose yellow, green, & teal/aqua. Add a little contrast from that dark teal, et voilĂ !


Here's a few progress photos from the design wall ...

- my favourite block so far,
a mix of Tula Pink stripe, Liberty, pink solid, Tanya Whelan spot & ?AMH




12 blocks✅
Not too sure yet how many more to make, maybe 16? maybe 20?
All depends on how many more nice combos I can come up with, I guess.



Hm - m - m - these last couple of projects 
look like I've been loosely channeling my inner 'vintage granny chic with a touch of modern' 
(is that even a thing?)

Anyways, best of all, the magic was all right here, all in my stash, all along!
Linda
P.S. #lovebeingagranny

5 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Checkered Garden is coming along nicely, the bright pink and teal work beautifully with your softer colours.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the granny squares are nice to see

Karen S said...

This is right up your alley. Lovely fabrics as always.

Nann said...

Each block pops and all together they really put on a show!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohh That is looking great - Love the colors you are using - the directional prints looks SO great!