Sunday 18 August 2024

seeing stars in Tilda pt2

It’s one happy creative mess here in my sewing room this weekend! As many now realise, I’m one of those quilters who gets easily sidetracked ... I can be cheerfully sewing away, and then suddenly I drop everything and start pulling fabrics for another project! I think I’ve had at least 3 distractions since starting this one! Can anyone else relate?
(wink wink) In my defense, I do write lots of stuff down to try & keep track of things, gotta love a good tick list!

Oh, and here is my finished quilt top, Sawtooth Stars in Tilda. Happy to get this little number all ticked off my list, it's now in the 'to be quilted' pile. 
I do love how the past & present lines of Tilda fabrics can mix & match so seamlessly. I decided to add the solid blue border, it helps to contain the softness of all the florals. And adds a splash of final colour. 
Here's a few photos ...












Super happy with how it's all looking very smooshed up together
and - as some have commented - how a few of the stars softly fade into the background.

until next time,
Linda


8 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice finish with this Tilda top Linda - looks perfect against your dresser, I see you too have a beautiful collection of blue and white pottery, I have a few pieces inherited from my Aunt.

Barwitzki said...

Wonderful - I love.
Your Tilda stars are beautiful.
I also got distracted and started sewing a summer hat :-)))
Many happy greetings to you from Viola

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the quilts but I really like the dishes in your dish cabinet too :)

Susan said...

Love the Tilda stars, especially that peacock strutting his stuff!

Quilting Babcia said...

I love little surprises in a quilt, and your peacock spilling over into the star points in his block is just wonderful!

Karen S said...

These blocks look gorgeous together.

Rebecca Grace said...

It's gorgeous, Linda! Such a pretty shade of blue for the border and I could look at those prints for years and never get tired of any of them!

QuiltGranma said...

Lots of low contrast stars. Older eyes would need to get close to discern that there IS a pieced star in there.