Monday 27 November 2023

another finish




What? Another finish?  I started this 'pinwheels & stars in pastels' quilt in September 2022 and I'm happy to say that why yes, I've finally quilted and bound it. Another quilt top ticked off my long list!
 
I went with a vintage inspired whisper palette in pink, mustard & blues, with little accents of raspberry. The backgrounds are a selection of different whites, all of which give a tiny bit of movement and bit of a make-do look to the quilt. 
The fabrics are a mix of designers I had in my stash, including some from my small collection of Karen Lewis fabrics, along with a Liberty, AMH ... and an early Outback Wife print, I love it when the fabric kicks off the story!

I was quite intentional about the light - medium values of the sawtooth star fabrics, and I wanted the chain pattern happening with the dark - medium pinks too. So, some of the pinwheel blocks are definitely high contrast, but not nearly all, resulting in a subtly broken chain.

The quilt back is a sweet vintage sheet, a super way to repurpose a vintage sheet and I just love the worn-in feel it automatically gives to a quilt! 
I machine quilted lots & lots of simple straight lines. For my binding I chose an AMH pretty floral stripe in pale pink, with its larger-scale darker floral design breaking up nicely in the narrow segments of the binding. Finished quilt measures 60" x 48".  














- it's on the spare bed already!



Until next time,
Linda

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a sweet quilt - you are finishing one after another - nice pincushion also in that one photo

Bonnie said...

Congrats on a lovely finish. The soft pinks look so pretty together.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the pinwheel chain with the stars. Your fabric choices always work so well together.

Jo said...

Love it. Very pretty colours.
That’s a cute pin cushion jar too..

pandchintz said...

It’s so pretty Linda. Congratulations! Love it 😍

Linda said...

Another lovely quilt finish! Really Victorian look to it, the colours and fabrics look so gentle.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's such a pretty one, Linda! I love the color combination - especially the raspberry and mustard. You have such a knack for that!

Rebecca Grace said...

Yes, "What -- another finish?!" is exactly what I was thinking!! You are amazing! All of the care and planning you put into value and color placement paid off nicely. Great finish.

Karen S said...

Another lovely finish. Lovely fabrics.
I do enjoy seeing those pinwheels.

Mystic Quilter said...

I like your fabric choices here Linda, and the size sounds just right.