Wednesday 25 March 2015

quilts for Vanuatu





Broken Dishes Quilt


There is a group of people throughout New Zealand donating quilts for Vanuatu. 
Cheryl from 'All Things Patchwork' @ Waimauku Village 
is one of the drop off points here in Auckland. 
Fastway Couriers will be collecting the quilts from specified drop off points approx.10th April. 
Quilts required are ones that are brightly coloured, washable and firmly made.  

A quilt I made last year has sat around here waiting for 'a-home-to-go-to' 
so I popped out there today & left my quilt with her.
{oh, and I did just a little bit of 'stash enhancement' while I was there!}


4 comments:

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Very nice...stash enhancement!! Never heard it called that before!
Lovely quilt to send. Someone is going to be pleased with that Linda :)

Megan said...

That's a lovely thing to do. If only there were some quilting fairies around to quilt some of my tops.

Raewyn said...

Great idea - I always think I should have some finished quilts ready to donate at times like this.

Julie said...

What a lovely thing to do. Wish her shop was a bit closer to me ........ not that I need to be encouraged to enhance my stash.