Sunday 5 April 2020

a spot of stitchery stuff



All pieces cut out & happy with placement ✔ 
Basting done ✔
Ready to start hand stitching ✔ 










Bottom left corner done  

I've been working on my collage flower bouquet today. I basted everything in place first using a yellow thread. I'm using the raw edge applique method and am adding in more detail with extra stitchery stuff like embroidery embellishments & different coloured threads.

I guess it's a combination of borostitching and bohoembroidery. However, I must say, I'm a bit out of my comfort zone here. So it's going to be pretty much a collection of organic random stitching, lots of patterns & textures, changing where the mood & fabrics take me.

But basically, I'm making it up as I go along . . . until next time, Linda


6 comments:

Susan said...

This is lovely Linda, very reminiscent of AMH’s style. Do you think it will become a cushion?

Julierose said...

Oh I just love it--"bohoembroidery"--what a great term;)))
It's looking beautiful--nice work ~ ~ ~ waves from afar Julierose :)))
Stay safe

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is so much fun! A bouquet of fabric flowers - and I love the blackbird in the midst of them, too. Looks like a lot of fun to stitch!

Robin said...

It looks Like it would be so liberating and free to stitch up something like this. I really like it.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful project Linda and using some of my very favourite AMH fabric Source Code in your pink fabric spray.

Karen S said...

Loving the way it has come together so far.