Wednesday 8 April 2020

Esplanade Quilt {an almost finish}



A month or so ago I decided I needed to have a few 'finishes' sometime this year. I think it’s great that some people are able to do beautiful work with their home sewing machine but I’m not one of them. So I sent a couple of quilts away to be quilted.

Leeanne from quiltmekiwi has just finished my first quilt. Unfortunately with the nationwide lockdown, she will have to hold off posting it ... and also hold off invoicing me too ... which gives me plenty of time to save up, yes ๐Ÿ˜€  

But I do have a couple of photos to share of my almost finished "Esplanade Quilt". See back here for earlier details. It is a very big quilt with lots of neutral space for added texture, and I chose edge to edge quilting in 'waterdrops' pattern.  





Can't wait to see it in real life!
And get the binding on. And have a real finish to share!
Linking up with Wendy for this weekends 'peacock party' over here

Stay safe, kia kaha, Linda


12 comments:

Susan said...

The quilting is gorgeous Linda! Those circles and swirls are a great contrast to the straight lines of your blocks.

Kaja said...

Wow! This is so lovely, and a virtual finish is the next best thing to a real one.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the edge to edge design you chose!

Suz J said...

Love the negative space on this... quite unexpected and it highlights the awesome quilting design perfectly.

audrey said...

So pretty! Love the florals. How bittersweet to get to see it and then not get to have it for awhile.:)

Ann said...

You chose a charming quilting design and Leeanne did a good job. The negative space sets it off very well.

gayle said...

Ooo! Looks like raindrops in a pond!

pandchintz said...

Looks great! Hope you don’t have to wait too long before you see it in the flesh.

quiltingbydawn said...

Wow! I really like that quilting design on this quilt! Looks wonderful!

Jenny said...

Just beautiful, you will be waiting to get this beauty back to see and enjoy in "real life"

Mystic Quilter said...

Splendid finish and the quilting pattern adds beautiful movement.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

It looks great Linda! The couriers are going to be very busy when life returns to normal. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.