Thursday 16 April 2020

quilts on beds

I love this, Glen @quiltswissy is sharing some quilty colour for walkers out on their daily lockdown walks to enjoy. It's day 21 of her Porch Quilt Show, her idea on how to use her quilts to bring surprise and joy to our locked down neighbourhoods. Check out her blog for more treats here.
And suz from allthegoodonesaretaken shared her quilts from 2013, the year she decided to use what she had. Such a lovely trip down memory lane. 

So, I thought I'd brighten up your day too - just a little - and share a few of my early quilts. If you are like me, memories flood back of what was going on in your life with each quilt.
When you can’t get together with your quilty friends, or you live down a long drive like me, sharing quilts virtually is the next best thing. Our weather has suddenly changed now so hanging my quilts outside isn't an option at present, but I think everyone loves . . . a quilt on a bed.

First up 'Pinwheel Rosy' quilt,
made in 2018
145cms x 145cms & machine quilted by Sandy Mayo.











1/4 Log cabin quilt
made in August 2015- my version of a vintage handkerchief quilt
machine quilted by Annette de Raat







'daisy days' quilt made back in 2016, I loved making this one
machine quilted by Annette de Raat







'Bricks' quilt
made in 2016







Why not have your own virtual quilt show and share a post or three too - it's sew interesting to look back and see our choices over the years, how we've changed and sew on and sew forth.

Hope you enjoyed this eclectic mix of finishes
kia kaha Linda

9 comments:

Suz J said...

Thats awesome Linda. It looks like you have always had a thing for a variety of fabrics mixed up with some gorgeous florals!

Julierose said...

Just lovely quilts on your beds; I really like that Roses one a lot...beautiful
~ ~ ~ waving from the Coastline Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

How big are the blocks in your bricks quilt? I've thought about using that design for a kitchen table quilt . . . Fun to see the variety you shared today.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very nice quilts!!

QuiltGram said...

Just taking a quick break from mask making. This was fun and I fell in love with Pinwheel Rosie. And yes, it was fun to take this trip down memory lane.

Susan said...

What a wonderful idea Linda! All your quilts are delightful, but I especially love the Pinwheel Rosy, with that AMH border of red roses! Thanks for some of your lovely work!

Karen S said...

It is lovely to see your special quilts. They do brighten the day.

pandchintz said...

Love all of these! Such a great idea.

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a treat to take a trip down the road with your quilts!